A “sidebet,” at least in terms of gambling, is any bet that is unrelated to the main outcome. In sports betting a typical sidebet would who scores first in a football match, or how many noballs are bowled in a cricket test.
Blackjack has its own sidebets. The most common are:
- Player hand and dealer’s up card sum to 19, 20, or 21 (“Lucky Lucky”)
- Player initial hand is a pair (“Perfect pairs”)
- Player initial hand is suited, suited and connected, or a suited K-Q (“Royal match”)
- Player initial hand plus dealer’s card makes a flush, straight, or three-of-a-kind poker hand (“21+3”)
- Player initial hand totals 20 (“Lucky Ladies”)
- Dealer upcard is in between the value of the players two cards (“In Bet”)
- First card drawn to the dealer will result in a dealer bust (“Bust It!”)
- One or both of the players cards is the same as the dealers card (“Match the Dealer”)
Thanks to improved casino software and mobile hardware,improved casino software and mobile hardware, placing sidebets is no longer just the preserve of land-based casinos (i.e. real life casinos you can walk into off the streets).
Most online casinos now offer at least a couple different sidebet options for blackjack. Common options are Perfect Pairs and 21+3.
On a standard Evolution Gaming live casino table, the circle-shaped box that players place wagers on is surrounded by a curved space on either side. The space on the right is for placing Perfect Pairs wagers, and the space on the left is for 21+3.
Besides the standard Evolution blackjack table, the online game provider also provides private tables for individual casinos. These are distinguished by the branding of the casino being present in the background and/or on the table. While the casinos can arrange for different sidebets to be available for these instances, the popular Perfect Pairs and 21+3 options are still the most common.
If you play live blackjack on your mobile, be aware that the house edge for blackjack sidebets is larger than it is for the main game. Skilled players can spot an opportunity by observing the cards on the table, but for most of us sidebets are not advantageous in the long term.
Still, online gambling on your mobile is about taking risks. If you want to place a sidebet you now have the option of doing so with a real live dealer. Just make sure you gamble responsibly and know your limits!
And if you are interested in Royal Panda live dealer blackjack on your mobile, be sure to read about it and make a careful decision before making a deposit.